My list of favourite oils to support the Forehead Chakra (These oils are available through my dōTERRA website. Message me if you want to set up a wholesale account for yourself and save 25% off the cost of the retail price) :
- Basil is known for its ability to reduce anxious feelings. It was traditionally used to anoint the forehead of kings.
- Blue Tansy in the chamomile family, has a calming effect on mind and body. This pure oil has an indigo shade and therefore carries the vibrational light frequency nourishing the upper chakras.
- Cedarwood promotes relaxation and contains clarifying properties. Cedar is traditionally used in various aboriginal cultures to protect and bless sacred space.
- Clary Sage is known for its calming abilities. Its oil is relaxing, soothing and balancing. It also assists hormonal regulation. Sage is used in many traditional cultures for smudging; using the oil in a diffuser is a great alternative for those with sensitivities to smoke, or in environments where smoke or scents must be restricted.
- Douglas Fir helps promote mental focus, and can provide a sense of wellbeing and spiritual protection.
- Frankincense has been known as "liquid gold" for millennia! It promotes peaceful, relaxing and satisfied feelings of overall wellness. Use it to anoint your forehead and your special magical tools before meditation. Distil it in your sacred space to raise its vibration.
- Lavender is calming, soothing, and relaxing. It comforts the body and the mind. It assists peaceful sleep. Its vibration helps clear negativity.
- Lemon provides feelings of mental clarity.
- Lemongrass can heighten awareness. It can also be useful to combat migraines.
- Myrrh promotes balance and feelings of wellbeing. It helps relieve tension. It has been used in ceremony for thousands of years, along with Frankincense.
- Petitgrain is beneficial to the nervous system, and may promote restful sleep.
- Rosemary is helps maintain concentration while studying. It is traditionally used in witchcraft in memory spells.
- Sandalwood is traditionally used to aid meditation, for its grounding and uplifting properties. It can promote relaxation and reduce stress. It can promote calm alertness.
- Vetiver creates a peaceful environment as it is known to have a calming and grounding effect on emotions. It promotes restful sleep.
- dōTERRA Peace® Reassuring Blend is a fusion of floral and mint essential oils. counteracts fearful and anxious emotions.
- dōTERRA® Forgive is an essential oil blend that helps counteract emotions of anger and guilt, while promoting the liberating feelings of contentment, relief and patience. Rub a few drops on the soles of your feet in the morning to promote feelings of patience through the day.
- dōTERRA® InTune is a perfect blend for study and concentration. It promotes mental clarity and calm. It enhances and sustains a sense of focus.
- dōTERRA Serenity® Restful Blend is designed to provide immediate relaxation, using essential oils known to calm emotions, reduce tension, and promote a restful sleep. (*Also available in a gelcap supplement).
Here are my go-to crystals when working with the Forehead Chakra:
- Celestite: To connect with the angelic realms
- Diamond or Herkimer Diamond: They are linked to timelessness. They can amplify mental and emotional vibrations in the astral levels of the aura. They can help access past-life memories.
- Blue sapphire: Has calming properties for your vibrational field.
- Lapis Lazuli: Can help bring buried issues to the surface so they can be released through unconditional love and the wisdom of higher consciousness.
- Turquoise: It is said that turquoise helps channel the energy of the moon when combined with silver, and the energy of the sun when combined with gold. It helps to dispel fears and can protect from harmful radiation or vibrations.
- For balancing the mind, use a black tourmaline in your left hand, while holding a (white) selenite in your right hand. This will help your energy return to optimal vibrational frequency. You can also use the symbol of yin-yang to focus your mind during meditation.
OTHER MAGICAL TOOLS
- Chanting mantras will create an energy of entrainment. Chanting in the morning will set the energy for the day and will create positive neural pathways in your brain.
- Recite affirmations. Choose thoughts, emotions and aligned actions that support your affirmations.
- Light therapy: find a healer with a crystal-light bed, or purchase an infra-red light. Turn your forehead to the sun and absorb some UV light; it will boost your mood and strengthen your energy.
These following yoga and gentle stretching poses will help you balance the energy of your Forehead Chakra:
- Downward facing dog
- Child pose
- Plough pose
- Standing forward bend
SPELLWORK: Candle Meditation
This meditation technique, derived from a yoga practice, can help you develop the discipline to focus and calm your mind while opening yourself to the light within.
- Prepare your room: you might want a meditation cushion if you sit on the floor, and a small table on which to prop a candle. Make sure you have a fireproof dish for the candle. You might want to add a few crystal, arranged in a circle around the candle. Have clear quartz points, with the points toward you, to direct the energy of the crystals and the candle toward you. Select your favourite oil to diffuse to aid your concentration.
- Light the candle, and shut the lights; this meditation works best when the room is as dark as possible except for the light of the candle.
- Relax and sit comfortably. Breathe deeply. Draw your attention to the middle of your forehead.
- With your eyes open with a soft gaze, look straight at the candle flame. Keep your eyes focused and blink only when necessary.
- After a few minutes, close your eyes while turning them upward to the position of your Forehead Chakra (you will feel cross-eyed). You will see an image of the flame there, and probably many colours too. Try to hold this image as long as possible.
- You can repeat this process a few times.
- Breathe deeply, open your eyes, and bring yourself back to everyday reality.